Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Step One - Where do I start?

DIET is the first thing I would recommend trying.  There are so many chemicals in processed foods and our lives have become so busy with "stuff", we tend to rely on the fast choices.

Fast food - if you can drive through and get a meal in less than 5 minutes - you get what you pay for. 
Junk food - cookies, candy, chips, snacks (small little bags of trash filling your ailing body with toxins)
Processed/Packaged foods - gotta love sandwich meats, who cares that they are full of preservatives that can last on a shelf for years.

These foods are reeking havoc on your central nervous system, which in turn is firing up those nerves, causing even more physical pain.

It's time to take a quick look at your pantry, fridge and freezer.  You need to trade the processed stuff in for as fresh as you can get. 

The switch to organic is an investment for sure.  But aren't you worth the investment.  Trust me when I tell you that you will spend more on drugs and lost wages over the years, than you could ever spend on "healthy foods"

My investment pieces were a juicer and a magic bullet. 

The juicer can turn any fruit or vegetable into a quick to go drink (my favorite is apple, orange, carrot juice)

The magic bullet is just sheer heaven - it can pulse, grind and chop fresh ingredients into something delicious (comes with a ton of recipes and great easy to clean "to go" cups)  I like to make healthy shakes and smooties.

I have also heard that the Montel Pressure Cooker is fantastic - you can cook a healthy dinner in no time flat.  Many of my Fibro friends say it is a life saver (I bet it would pay for itself if you didn't go out to eat for a month)  I don't have one (yet) - but writing this blog has prompted to think that I might need to get that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment